Ted W. Hejl is the founding member of Hejl & Schroeder, P.C. He began practicing law in Taylor, Texas in 1973. Mr. Hejl focuses his areas of law practice to real estate, probate, estate planning, municipal law, transactional law involving contracts, civil litigation, and other general civil practice.
Ted W. Hejl has over 50 years of experience representing clients.
Representative clients include the cities of Taylor, Thrall, Granger, and Thorndale, as well as, various banks, contractors, manufacturers, home builders, business owners, and individuals
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Municipal Law
- Transactional Law involving Contracts
- Civil Litigation
- General Civil Practice.
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, 1969
- B.A., Baylor University, 1966
- He is a member of the Scott and White Board of Trustees.
- He is a former member of the Taylor Housing Authority Board of Trustees.
- He is a former member of the First-Taylor National Bank Board of Trustees.
- He is a member of the Providence-Jones Family Funeral Home (Elgin) Board of Directors.
- He is a member of the Taylor Providence Funeral Home Board of Directors.
Mr. Hejl was a member of the Texas National Guard for 33 years and retired from military service with the rank of Full Colonel. He was awarded the Legion of Merit among other awards. He was enlisted in the Army airborne infantry, then served in the Military Police Corp. He received a direct military commission in 1976 to become an officer in the Judge Advocate General Corp. He served as military defense and trial JAG counsel and attended the Judge Advocate General Judges School in Charlottesville, Virginia. Mr. Hejl was designated as a Military Judge after completion of the Judges School and presided as a Military Judge. He completed his military service as the Staff Judge Advocate for the Texas Adjutant General and the STARC military command.
State Bar of Texas
Bar Admissions -Texas, 1968
Mr. Hejl has been married to his wife Kay for 50 years and they had three wonderful daughters and enjoys spending time with his six grandchildren. He is a private pilot, has always “had a boat and airplane” according to his wife. He became an amateur radio operator in junior high school and still enjoys amateur radio where he operates with the call sign of K6TWH.